anchors aweigh! -Nautical Banner


Make this ship shape banner for summer!
I made this little cutie for girls camp and will use at a lakeside family reunion in July. 
You'll need:
1/4" wide, double fold bias tape
nautical scrapbook papers
(I used the  Ahoy There paper pack from the Carta Bella Collection.
I really like this paper because it all coordinated, was double sided and thick like card stock)


Cut out your triangle pieces. 
I laminated mine to make them a little waterproof---great to use camping and at the lake.
(laminate triangles before you sew them in)
Insert your first triangle about 8" in on the bias tape.  Back stitch and sew down the middle of the bias tape.  Insert your next triangle about 1/4" from the last. 
 Keep sewing them in until you have about 8" of bias tape left at the end.  That's it!


Love that the banner is reversible and water resistant, so I made 3!


Comments

  1. What an excellent idea to laminate the paper! I don't know why that never occurred to me before, but it makes so much sense! Pinning! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment