Super Size Jenga


Today we're kicking off Summer Fun Fridays!
So glad it is summer!
I've been wanting to make a large sized Jenga game.
There are those cool giant sets out there made out of 2x4s.
I wanted a larger set, but for it to still be easily portable.
I came up with Super Sized Jenga--
a step larger than the original. 


You'll need 4 pieces of 1"x 2"x 8's.
The great guys at Lowes cut them into 6" pieces for me.
This saved me so much time!
You'll end up with about 60 six inch pieces. 


Next you sand.
Use an electric hand or belt sander
and get those pieces smooth!


I thought it would be fun to stain my pieces different colors.
Had the kids help stain. 
I'm using Minwax wood stain in the 4 colors I had sitting in my garage.
Here is our stain guide:


The original Jenga has 54 pieces and stacks them in 3s.
My Super Size Jenga will stack in 4s and you can use all 60 pieces.


Doesn't it look great with the different wood colors?!


This game is fun for the kids and the whole fam.
Play it outdoors or in.
The size is perfect to tote along with us on vacations to the lake this summer.
I might bring it up to girls camp too.


Have a fun Friday.
Make it a game day!

Stop by the blog each Friday for another kid friendly craft, game, or project idea!

Comments

  1. Oh, what a cute idea. I love Jenga, but it would be so awesome to play it big outside. Can't wait to head down to Lowe's. Thanks so much for a clever idea. It will be fun at the summer parties. Dropping over from the Link Party Palooza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I can't wait to use this larger Jenga outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenga never gets old! I'll have to make a set for summer cookouts!
    Also, I've chosen to feature this post on the next Peace, love, link up! Thanks for linking with us! Be sure to grab a button and check out the post which goes live tomorrow at 6! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashleigh! We were excited to be featured on your link party! We've got your part listed under our link party tab. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We play Jenga and what a fun idea to play it on a large scale. Thanks for sharing it on Merry Monday. It will be one of my features for backyard games. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for featuring us Erlene! The size makes it tons of fun and I've found that the size helps the younger kids play the game.

      Delete
  6. I love this idea! I haven't played Jenga in a long time and we always love it :D Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever idea...I think I will make one too :) Thank you for sharing with us in Sweet Inspiration Link Party

    www.artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love the idea of having a BIG one for outside! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! As other said, Jenga Giant never gets old, and we love the idea of recycling materials, so to do it with old wood is fascinating. Thanks for sharing your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment