My kids and I had so much fun making these simple sculptures! With just a few materials, you can make countless designs! This is a great art activity to add some fun to a dull summer afternoon for all ages.
You will need:
The "pill form" packing popcorn
glue gun ( if you want to attach your sculpture to the cardboard, the popcorn needs no glue to stick to each other)
1. Grab some packing popcorn
2. Cut some cardboard to be your base.
3. Add a little water on one end of the popcorn, just a little will be enough.
4. Stick another popcorn to the "wetted" end- they will stick like glue! Keep adding on and on to form your shape. They really do stick with just water.
5. Paint your incredible sculpture- Be creative!
6. You can glue your sculpture to your base if you like.
We made a lot of snakes and used some sword toothpicks to make some fighting knights. Add paper or other items to your sculptures to make more details. Happy Fun Friday!