Spooky Hallooween Wreath
Here's a simple wreath to add some classy and spooky Halloween vibes
to your home this year.
Supplies you'll need:
grapevine wreath
black spray paint
spooky looking florals
1/8-1/4 yard of black fabric
wire cutters
Find a grapevine wreath in a size you like.
The more wild the twigs, the better.
Spray paint it black.
I was on the hunt for Chinese Lantern florals in orange.
At the time, I wasn't really finding anything that was still in stock.
Ordered some in white, but a few days later, it was cancelled-out of stock.
Then, I came across these great looking orange pods at Hobby Lobby.
Love these, kind of spooky looking!
I bought the last 5 sprays!
They had long stems, so cut off most of it, leaving about 5"
on 3 of the sprays.
Tuck those in the wreath,
evenly spacing them.
Wrap some of the longer twigs of the spray into the wreath
for extra hold.
With the last 2 sprays,
I cut off parts of the twigs,
to stick in the wreath where it was needed to fill in.
Then add a bow.
Get that piece of fabric you bought and fold open.
Clip a half inch on each side and rip.
Gives your edges that ripped, creepy look.
Perfect for a Halloween "ribbon"
If you want your tie to be longer,
get 1/4 yard -fold, it out
and cut in half length wise (fray the edges of both pieces).
Then sew your two long strips together.
(I kept mine at 1/8 yard so no sewing ;0 )
I love how this turned out!
Just deciding where to put it.
Maybe on the wall by our entry table.
Happy Halloween!












I absolutely love your wreath! You did a great job -- and the orange pod thingies look wonderful! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings
ReplyDeleteLove the look of this simple wreath, Heidi! Featuring at Funtastic Friday this week.
ReplyDeleteI love the simplicity of this which lends itself to the spooky factor. Featuring when my link party opens!
ReplyDelete