Apples Chalkboard Sign


I wanted to add a little sign out by my front door for Fall.
And try out a new painting technique.
So I combined the two into this fun little apples chalkboard sign.
I'm using a piece of 5 1/2" wide fence wood.
I cut an 18" piece and
sanded it like crazy 'cause this wood is rough. 
Paint the front and sides with craft acrylic Americana Santa Red.
Not precise strokes, you can leave some of the red showing through.


I applied some vinyl letters to the board.
You can find sticker letters at your local craft store to use too.
Paint a coat of red over the letter edges, towards the sides of the letters
to try to seal that edge and avoid the next color of paint seeping under the letters. 




I covered the whole thing with white chalk paint.
When it is almost dry (slightly tacky)
peal off the letters.


Let it dry and sand the edges by hand to let some of that red show through.
Take a cup and trace a circle after the "S".
Fill in your circle with chalk paint.


After the chalk paint is completely dry,
rub some chalk over your circle,
(to "season the chalk board")
and then erase.


Love this little board.
And the paint technique, I'll be using that again--great for adding lettering and I like how the red comse through after sanding the white.


 I'm thinking my kids might have some fun with this little sign too.
That little chalkboard is hard to resist ;)


It's out by my front door for Fall decor.


You can find the instructions for making the Pumpkins Board {here}



Bringing the Fall farm stand right to our front porch!

Comments

  1. Super cute! Love the little chalkboard circle, great idea! Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! I love that little chalk circle too--ready for a mini message!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is perfect! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love having it out by my front door Fall decor. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. So cute!! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and you made it look so easy. Thanks,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It paints up pretty fast. Cute and easy crafts are a win!

      Delete
  5. Love this, so much fun! Thank you for sharing with us at the To grandma's house we go link party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Love apple and pumpkin signs. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lot of fun making these signs for our front door holiday displays. Thanks for checking them out Sherry!

      Delete

Post a Comment