Spice Cabinet Makeover


Another organizing project on my big list of things to do:
cleaning out and organizing the spice cabinet.


First up, I took everything out, wiped it down and put in new shelf liner.
Next, grouped identical spices,
yep, had so much in that cabinet that I had a few of two or even three bottles of the same spice!

I picked up these storage bins with a handle on the end.
They come in two sizes and 3 fit on my shelf.
This will be perfect for taking the bin down from the hard to reach top shelf in the cabinet.


 I filled one with dry mix packets, another with sprinkles/b-day candles and a third with more sprinkles (we love our cookie sprinkles) and extract bottles.


I found these so cute little glass spice bottles and small jars,
that I knew would be great to spruce up the spices.


Found at the Target dollar spot.
I tell ya, I have found some super cute and useful things there over the past few months!

They needed labels, so I created these using a typewriter font.
I'm sharing the printable labels with y'all!
Two pages with 40 common spice labels!
Print your copy {here}


Punch them out with a 1 3/4" punch.


I ran them through my sticker maker
and label made!


This 3 tier metal spice rack was just the thing to help organize the spices.
I could even fit some under the rack- those spices that I use maybe once a year.
Those I use often are tired on the rack.
With the larger jars holding the most commonly used spices.


Ready for the before and after?

Before

After

The middle shelf still has my big Sam's spices,
with frequently used in the front.

Beside the organization, love these new jars!
Can't wait to see the family's reaction when then open the door to get out a spice!


Comments

  1. I personally find it a bit of a hassle to have to transfer everything out of their original packaging to another storage jar or box. But you can't deny that it does look very nice and uniform once it's done! Kudos to the people who have the time to put in the effort to do this sort of organization in their kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a little work, but my cabinet was such a disaster and I had multiple jars of the same spice, so it was nice to get it all in one container. It was a organizational project long over due and so far it's working out--keep your fingers crossed! Thanks for the comment Nathan!

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to do this. I have so many spice bottles. It's an unorganized mess. Great labels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! It was great to finally get this one space organized and why not make cute labels to go with it! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I've just finished sorting through my own spice drawer. Yours looks SO GOOD! I love the labeled jars (I had to google what a sticker maker is - why don't I have one of these already??). Thanks for joining us at To Grandmas House We Go link party 😀 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just love that sticker maker. So inexpensive and fun to use. I buy the refill cartridges on Amazon. Thanks Kate!

      Delete
  4. While I think this idea looks nice in theory, it's way too much work for me to buy all those little jars and transfer all those spices out into them! I'd be satisfied the way they are to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta do what works for you. I'm usually an "organized mess" type of person, but this spice organization is the best. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for your thoughts Ed.

      Delete

Post a Comment