Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Kid Friendly Chili


I grew up in a home that didn't add a lot of "heat" to food and I've continued this tradition in my home (although I do have one child that would enjoy a little more kick to his dishes here and there). Growing up, my mom made a yummy chili that I loved smelling as I walked into the kitchen. This chili is not at all spicy, but is perfect for young children or for those of us who like things a little tame. It was a staple in my childhood home and has become a staple in my home today. With the weather changing, you may want to add this comfort food to your Fall line-up.

Kid Friendly Chili 



1 64 oz. can of tomato juice
1 can of Italian recipe tomatoes
2 cans of pinto beans (drained and rinsed) 
1/2 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 pound of hamburger, cooked and crumbled

Throw all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for the day. Enjoy your chili topped with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, diced red onion, or diced avocado. 



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect kid dish! And they could help make it. Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up and don’t forget to leave a comment at the party – Next week’s features that also leave a comment get pinned and tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! This dish is definitely something kids can help with. We appreciate your link party!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to give it a try!
    We love freakishly hot chili but I can add heat individually later M
    Thanks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, you are a brave soul! You are absolutely right - you can add heat individually. Great idea! Enjoy your long weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...