Milk Bottle Box Caddy


Kind of loving milk bottles.
I even recently found these with lids and straws at the dollar store--score!
They were too cute just to have stored away. 
This little box caddy is just the thing to display, serve from and transport these fun bottles.


You'll need:
2 knobs
paint, stain
nails, wood glue, drill
a pine board 4" x 6'
cut this into three 16" pieces and two 2 5/8" pieces


Take your three 16" pieces, these are your sides and box bottom.
With a combination of wood glue and nails,
attach the sides to the bottom.


Next, put a little wood glue on the sides of your small pieces and slide them in on the ends.
Secure with nails.

 

Then paint your box.
I'm using Americana Snow White.
I always love that distressed look, 
so I sanded the edges and added a little wood stain.


Next up the fun knobs.
On each side, drill a hole where you'd like to place the knob.


I found these faux glass knobs at Lowes.


Just screw on the knobs.


Perfect!


Ok, I love this box and the knobs take it to the next level of cuteness!


Not to mention functionality, 
for when I'm carrying out some cold drinks to the patio.


Very excited about this project.
Just in time for Memorial Weekend barbecues!


Make your own milk bottle caddy!
Leave us a comment if you make one. I'd love to see the colors you use and the cute knobs!

Comments

  1. The caddy is a great idea Heidi and it's going make it so much easier to store the bottle too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this caddy. It's such a cute idea. I hope you will join us Sunday-Wednesday at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party. Check it out http://thinking-outside-the-pot.com/?p=3601

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I've been building a bunch of little boxes for a variety of things lately! Thanks for linking up to #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! Thanks for sharing at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple project and easy to make too :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment