Are You Ready? Summer Activity List


I don't know about you, but I'm itching for summer! My kids get out of school on Friday and I can't wait!  Last night, we sat around the kitchen table and made our annual summer list. We brainstorm ideas of summer activities. I really like this list. I keep it close by and refer to it often when we find ourselves with a boring day. I also use our list when planning our week. I can plug these ideas in here and there. Here are some of our ideas:
  • Picnic dinner at the lake
  • Sign up for summer reading program at the library 
  • Hike!
  • Have s'mores for dessert
  • Play knock out (the basketball free throw game)
  • Family PJ movie night
  • Kayak
  • Game night
  • Tin foil dinners for dinner
  • Picnic lunch at the park 
  • Go camping
  • Make flavored popcorn. Here's another recipe. And another. One more
  • Geocache
  • Family bike ride
  • Make sock puppets
  • Dessert parfaits 
  • Summer workbooks (I make my children complete workbooks during the summer. They just love it :)
  • Play disc golf
  • Family sleep over (My kids love sleeping in the family room together.) 
  • Crafts (Be sure to check out the Summer Fun Friday button on the right hand column.) 
  • Jump on the trampoline with the sprinklers underneath
  • Make snow cones
Hopefully, some of these ideas will help you beat the summer boring blues. Brainstorm with your family tonight! 

Comments