Zucchini Carrot Muffins


This healthy muffin is great for breakfast or a snack.
Let's get to it!




Heat oven to 350.
In a large bowl
mix 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup canola oil,
2 eggs and 1/2 cup applesauce
(I just use one snack size apple sauce)


Then add
1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda
stir together.


Shred 1 3/4 cups zucchini and 1/4 cup carrots.
I just use a cheese grater.


You need 2 cups of the shredded veggies.
If you have more than one or the other, it's ok.


Fold this into the batter.
Add in 2 cups flour and stir.


Line your muffin tin with baking cups.
(if you don't have cups just use a cooking spray and coat the pan)
Add the batter to 12 cups, filling evening with all the batter.


Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.




These are delish!


Add some butter while warm or eat at room temp. plain.


You can print the recipe {here}
The perfect healthy muffin.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing with us - I'm featuring you this week! See you next time at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us - I'm featuring you this week! See you next time at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just my cup of tea! And perfect with a cup of tea, many thanks for this lovely recipe from the UK. Visiting today from the link party at piecedpastimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a much healthier muffin. I will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I can hide veggies in a muffin and feed it to my kids. They are delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment