Chalk Painted Pumpkins


Heirloom pumpkins are so charming with their shapes and colors.
And the grey/blue color of  Cinderella pumpkins, 
are some of my favorites. 
I love mini pumpkins too.
The colors of minis are a little limited, great as they are.
I thought I'd change up some minis 
with a chalk paint I've been wanting to try.


I picked up these cute little pumpkins
and some Americana chalk paint. 
The 2 oz. bottle is just the right size to try out the paint, 
without a big expense. 


Make sure your pumpkin surface is clean and dry. 


So lovely.
This cream color is called Whisper
After one coat, you can still see some of the dark pumpkin stripes.
I like the effect but was hoping this color would be a little more yellow.




I mixed a some of this chalk paint with Americana acrylic Marigold.


Just gives it that perfect yellow tint.
Here are how all the colors turned out:


1.this is the mix of Whisper and acrylic Marigold
2. Vintage (a blue/grey with a green tint)
3. this one isn't painted, just natural white!
4. Serene
5. Primitive
Chalk paint is so easy to use.
I'm defiantly going to have to use it on another project.

Now to display these beauties!
Find a container.  
I've been searching for years for a long wooden bowel
and recently found this one at Marshals. Score!
Pick up some floral moss at the dollar store.




Arrange your pumpkins.


Love the muted colors.
They fit right in with my living room.
So excited for this arrangement to display this Fall.



Comments

  1. I love these! I don't really care for orange and black and the typical fall color scheme. These still look festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd try some different colors. They turned out so cute you can leave them up through Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! These look so fancy with a little chalk paint! I need to get to painting some pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kati! I love the muted colors too, they really make the pumpkins a little more sophisticated!

      Delete
  3. These are so sweet!! Thank you so much for sharing with at the To Grandma's House we go link party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tarahynn! I love how they turned out and the neutral colors--adore!

      Delete
  4. These are super cute -- love the colors! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out so gorgeous and I absolutely love the lighter, muted colors! They look superb displayed :) Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like these neutral colors too! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. I am in love with these!! The colors look so elegant and refreshing for some fun fall decor. I think my mantle needs a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think chalk painted pumpkins are my favorite! Thanks for stopping by to check them out!

      Delete
  7. I am going to buy some pumpkins and do this today! So glad you posted which paint you bought. This is so lovely! I'm pinning this too:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I'm sure your pumpkins will be beautiful, thanks for pinning!

      Delete

Post a Comment