Kelly's Buttermilk Syrup


Years ago, my sister-in-law
introduced us to buttermilk syrup while on a visit out to their house.
I'm not really even a syrup person but,
Yum-o, I'd never had anything like it!




A quick and delicious syrup to add
to you your waffle topping options.

You'll need:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda


Melt the butter over medium heat. 
Add the sugar and buttermilk and bring to a boil stirring for 1 minute.
Take off heat and add the baking soda and vanilla.
Syrup will puff up and get frothy.


Pour into a gravy boat or small pitcher.


Pour that goodness over your waffle.


You can print this recipe {here}


Ready for another!










Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I have never heard of this, but it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us I'm featuring you next Wednesday when the new To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, one of my features at SSPS #429, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing with us at SSPS #429! I truly appreciate your support and love seeing your posts here, so I’m especially happy to feature yours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm very intrigued and need to try this. I bet you could add pumpkin spice to add a fall flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds wonderful. I need to try this out. This post will be a feature this week. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment