Healthy, Fresh Turkey Wrap

 Looking for something new for lunch?


Try this healthy turkey wrap!
I'm stepping it up a notch
by choosing healthier options this year.
So from previous wrap recipes,
this time I'm switching up my tortilla, meat, spread & adding sprouts.

Start with your tortilla.
Choose your personal favorite or
 if you're looking for a gluten free or organic....


I like the taste of this gluten free tortilla from Mission
and this certified Non GMO from Lat Tortilla Factory.



Here is what I've learned about the NON GMO label on products:
They are certified as organic by USDA’s National Organic Program and meet a set of standards that prohibits all use of GE technology in organic food production and processing. GMO crops (such as corn and soy) they will contain less than 5 percent GMO material.

Choose your ingredients. 
You can make your wrap vegetarian or
add some turkey.

I'm using a Boar's Head brand meat
 (I like the fact that they don't use hormones, fillers or MSG)
 and pit smoked turkey
that I got from my grocery store deli in our recipe today.
That BBQ pit smoked flavor is pretty good.
I also like this one.
Today's wrap includes, lettuce, green onion, tomato, broccoli sprouts, cucumber and herb flavored goat cheese. 


If you're not a goat cheese fan, 
use a flavored cream cheese (like our wrap {here}) or a hummus. 
(You need some kind of spread to moisten your wrap
and bring all the flavors together.) 

Chop your veggies

Put your spread over the tortilla
Add the turkey to one side and start adding the veggies.


Other vegetable add-ins could be:
peppers, olives, pickles, cheese, artichoke, 
the combination possibilities are endless, 
give yourself new options and keep inventing new wrap flavors!
I'm adding in some sprouts (lots of varieties)
 which give you the benefits of protein, enzymes & chlorophyll.

Fold it like a burrito.

Fold in the sides
then roll up the ends. 



Cut it in half
to see all that fresh goodness. 


If you're trying to eat healthier this year, 
this wrap's for you!
It's also a great option for kids lunches
easy to pack and gives the kids some variety.

Is it lunchtime yet? 

Comments