Easy Buffalo Check Table Runner


I caught the buffalo check bug a few months ago
and found a quick way to make a quilted check table runner.


Bought a yard and 1/2 of this already quilted buffalo check fabric.
Love those black and white squares. 
The length worked well for my table, but I think next time I'll go with 2 yards


What's great with this fabric
is that you already have a grid for cutting.
I wanted mine to be about 12" wide so I just counted in 13 squares and cut the length of the fabric.



Then I trimmed off both ends along a row of squares. 
Iron down the edges by folding 1/4 inch, iron, then fold  another 1/4 to 1/2 inch depending on how you want the edge on the front to look.


In the picture above you can see the sides are with a 1/4 and then another 1/4 fold over which gives you a little of that black line against the white.
While on the bottom, it was a 1/4 x 1/2 fold to make it come to the edge of a row, no border of black showing, the fold comes to the edge of the white squares. Just play around with the look you want on the front, then fold and iron.

I sewed along the long edges first and then
trimmed a slight diagonal on the corner before folding in the end.
The corner will be pretty thick and trimming helps get rid of some excess fabric in that area to help with sewing. 


Fold over the end and sew across.


You're done!


So fast and easy!
It only took about 30 minutes.
I was able to make 3 runners out of that 1 1/2 yards. 
I could have got a 4th skinny one out of it too or made the 3 wider.
Now I've got the two extra to give as gifts ;)



And can I say something about these flowers for a minute....
beauties just from the grocery store.
Wildflower feel for this whole farmhouse look on my check runner. 
love.



Comments

  1. This looks wonderful with the seams running across is on the angle. Great idea, I am sure you will enjoy having it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So nice to see it Featured at a few link parties! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the check bug too! I love this and what a great find with the already quilted fabric - score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table runner. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/04/diy-projects-on-thursday-favorite-things.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment