Friday, February 12, 2016

Fruit Dip



This week I attended a meeting where we were each asked to bring a Valentine-ish snack. I decided to bring a fruit tray filled with red berries and grapes. I threw in some blueberries and black berries as well for some contrast. Before I continue, can I just say that fruit trays are beautiful! All those colors and textures side by side. Ok, back to the task at hand. I paired my fruit tray with fruit dip which I colored pink with food coloring. Remember - I needed something Valentine-ish. As always, the fruit dip was a success. It is so tasty that you'll never bring home left overs. Another bonus - the recipe has only two ingredients!

1 - 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1- 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme

Mix the two ingredients until well blended. Then, chill until serving. 

If you want to be adventurous, you can add some food coloring as well. Usually, I don't. But, with a few drops of food coloring, your dip can become something quite festive. It would be cute to serve pink or blue fruit dip at a baby shower. For this weekend, you could serve pink, white or red dip for Valentine's Day. Really, you could do any color depending on the party.  Enjoy and have fun! 


2 comments:

  1. What a great and easy idea! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! It is a deliciously easy recipe. Perfect for holiday entertaining. Have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...