Headbands


My daughter wears a headband pretty much everyday. And, for me who is definitely lacking in the hair styling department, I welcome the look. She really enjoys wearing those black elastic headbands that you see in many athletes' hair. I decided to spruce up a few and they turned out really cute. Most importantly, my daughter loves them and wants to make more. These headbands are so easy that as an almost 10 year-old she could make them herself.

You'll need black elastic headbands, material and felt.


Cut your material strips to 8 inches by 1 inch. I also cut felt at the same dimensions. I used felt as the back side of the headband to add strength and stability.


Then, pin your felt and material to the headband. I started at one end and pinned around the elastic.


Once pinned, sew around the elastic and across the ends of the fabric. It's super fast.


Here's one of the finished headbands. This picture was taken before I trimmed around the stitch to get all those loose threads and to make sure the fabric lines are neat and straight.


Here's an extreme close-up of my daughter's forehead :) At this angle, you can see how the headband lays across the head.


Like I said, these headbands take no time at all to make. This would be a great project for a beginner sewer.  Also, the headbands are inexpensive and you could make a bunch as gifts.


Comments