Monogrammed Etched Glass


My daughter is heading off to college.  I found this mini Pyrex dish that would be perfect for her to take to bake in.  I thought it would be fun to etch her initials on the back.  Then this little pan won't get lost with so many roommates! 
You'll need:
glass dish
Etching cream (I used Armour Etch)
paint brush
vinyl cut out ( you could also use letter stickers and frame around them with painter's tape)


Wipe the glass surface with rubbing alcohol to clean. 
Place your vinyl or stickers/tape on glass and make sure edges are pressed down on the glass. 


Set a timer for 5 minutes.  Start putting a thick layer of the cream over the exposed areas to be etched.


After you have covered it, 
Put more cream on the image with your brush strokes going a different directions.
Keep doing this for 5 minutes--dipping your brush and stroking up, down, diagonal, etc.

                            

 

Then put on a final coat and let it sit for one more minute.
Rinse off cream in sink and pull off your vinyl.


I've never etched anything before.  This was so easy and turned out great.
A fun monogrammed dish for college. 
It would make a terrific gift for a friend too.


Comments

  1. this is stunning. And actually a lot more duable than I thought. Working with glass has always scared me away, as I think it is too complicated. Thanks for making it a lot easier. Blessings

    Claudia
    http://withinthepagesofabook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too at how easy it is to use. Good luck with your glass etching projects!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty. It is a good idea not only for the kid on their way to college but for all the pot lucks we participate in also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, I need to etch my own dishes too. :)

      Delete
  3. Your monogrammed etch glass dish looks great. What a pretty and practical idea for your daughter. Thanks for partying with us at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good idea to mark the dishes you want to keep when you've got 5 roommates. :)

      Delete
  4. I like monogrammed etch glass not only in the dishes... it is a great idea but so far I have not try it!

    http://artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try! It's really easy, looks amazing and makes a classy gift. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment