Cheese Tortellini Salad with Basil


This is my favorite summer pasta salad. It reminds me of those long summer days when you're outside well past your kids' bed time enjoying the warm weather and each other. May be because it snowed yesterday - yes, SNOW! crazy spring storm - and I needed something to help remind me that those summer days will soon be here, but I was craving this salad and made it for dinner. 

Cheese Tortellini Salad with Basil 

1 14 oz. package of cheese filled tortellini
1 small red pepper chopped
1 cup broccoli florets chopped (use fresh broccoli) 
1 cup carrots chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 Tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves of garlic 
Parmesan cheese

Cook cheese tortellini according to package directions. 


While your pasta cools, chop your red pepper, broccoli and carrots. I just love all those colors! 


Now, mix the dressing. In a small bowl. stir together the mayonnaise, basil, milk, pepper and garlic. The basil will look like a lot, but trust me you want the full 2 teaspoons for flavor. 


Finally, combine the tortellini and vegetables and gently fold in the dressing. Top off your salad with shredded Parmesan cheese. Use as much as you like.


My tip for this salad: Cover and chill your salad at least four hours before serving. The longer the ingredients have to combine, the better tasting the salad. You can even make this salad up a day before serving. Enjoy! 

Comments