Button Cuff Bracelets

First of all, I have to say that I think it is so funny that my sister and I both have buttons on our minds this week. Sister power I tell you!

So, a couple of weeks ago my daughter, who is learning how to sew, made this adorable button cuff bracelet. I loved it so much that I wanted to make one for myself. Here's her bracelet: 


I decided to make a more neutral cuff. I used a lot of browns. Along with buttons, Fall is on my mind. I bought two shades of brown felt. Felt is super cheap. Each piece of felt cost under 50 cents. I then picked out a few buttons. Again, the buttons weren't all that expensive either. 


I cut the felt to my wrist measurements. I decided to stitch one color on top of the other using embroidery thread. I love the dark stiches!


I then cut a small hole at one end. This is where you'll button your bracelet on. Remember to make the hole just big enough for your button. Just a small snip.


Finally, I arranged the buttons on my cuff. It was fun to figure out the presentation. Also, put one button at the other end of your cuff. This button will be the one you thread through the small hole you just cut. I used embroidery thread to sew my buttons on.


And, here are the finished bracelets! I ended up trimming my dark brown felt because it was too wide for my wrist. (I love my daughter's bracelet. It is so bright and cheery. I think my next bracelet will be more like hers so I can add a pop of color.) These bracelets are cheap, easy and quick to make. It is a great sewing project for beginner sewers. Also, with the holidays in full swing, these bracelets would make a fun activity at a kids' party. You could buy red, green and white felt with Christmas shaped buttons (trees, candy canes, stars, etc.) Have fun!


Comments