Burlap Ribbon Christmas Wreath

I wanted to make a Christmas wreath for our kitchen's pantry door and I, of course, thought of burlap! I'm in a bit of a burlap craze at the moment. I love how the wreath turned out and it is an easy, fun project!

Pick two colors of burlap ribbon. I love the green shade I found. It is almost an army green color. Love it! Originally, I was going to buy a wire wreath because they are cheaper than styrofoam. However, when I put the ribbon up to the wire in the store, I realized that you can see the wire through the ribbon. So, I quickly grabbed a styrofoam wreath frame. I bought 3 1/2 yards of the green burlap ribbon. You wouldn't think it, but these wreaths use a lot of ribbon. I bought 2 yards of the red ribbon for the bow.


To start, pin the ribbon to the back of the wreath. I used straight pins rather than hot glue because I thought it would hold better (which in this case it does). Also, it is less messy.


Then, begin wrapping the ribbon around the frame.


When you are done, pin the ribbon and cut off any excess ribbon. Because no one will see the back of my wreath, I didn't worry about covering up the pin heads. However, if the pin heads bother you, you could get your glue gun out and glue some ribbon over the heads.


Now, for making the bow. I tied just a regular bow to begin with, but then wanted to do something different. So, I decided to cut the loop of the bow so I had three equal parts of ribbon on one side. I then snipped the ends. Below you can see one side of my bow done with the other side ready for treatment.


Cutting that bow's loop.


Finally, pin the bow to your wreath (another good reason to go with a styrofoam wreath frame). You can tuck those straight pins in so no one can see them. Also, the pins hold the bow firmly and in good form. Here's the finished wreath! I love how it looks in our kitchen!



Comments

  1. Hi Carrie, What a simple yet elegant wreath! Well done! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Janet! I love how the wreath turned out as well. Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Post a Comment