Sweet and Sour Plus After School Smoothie


"Fine." Do you ever get this answer when asking your kids, "How was your day?" Or, "Nothing." This is a common answer to, "What did you do today?" To help understand my kids better and what's going on in their lives, I started an after school tradition called Sweet and Sour. Years ago I heard about Sweet and Sour and knew it was a solution to my children's one word answers. After school, my children have to tell me one good thing about their day (the sweet) and one bad thing about their day (the sour). So, our conversation goes something like this, "What was your 'sweet' today?" and "Tell me about your 'sour.'" This tradition has really helped me learn more about them and their days. Sometimes we play Sweet and Sour over an after school snack. Here's the recipe for our favorite smoothie.


2 cups of orange juice or mango juice or really any kind of juice you have
1 cup milk
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 hand full of fresh spinach 

Blend all ingredients and enjoy! 

Comments